8th March 2012: Preparation for 2012’s most unique whisky event is hotting up as the inaugural Edinburgh Whisky Stramash, which takes place at Surgeons’ Hall on 26th & 27th May, reveals some of the mystery behind the exciting plans and ‘drams’.
Confirmed so far, is:
- Glenfiddich Warehouse 47
- The Cocktail Pod
- Molecular Experiments
- Dewar’s Barber Surgeon
- The Jura Murder Mystery
- The Balvenie Brand Ambassadors
- Glen Moray, Surgeons’ Hall’s own whisky, Dancing Stag Single Bottlings, along with the already announced; Bunnahabhain, Finnieston, Isle of Mull, Arran Single Malt, Dalmore, Fettercairn, Whyte & Mackay, Aberfeldy, plus many more will be in attendance
Glenfiddich Warehouse 47 will tease all five senses by immersing small groups in an atmospheric room where guests will be taken on a pioneering virtual tour of the Glenfiddich Distillery stillhouse, cooperage and warehouses.
Hosted by Glenfiddich Ambassador, Jamie Milne, the experience will also feature whisky barrels, aroma samples, photographs and advertising images from Glenfiddich’s past and present, as well as a chance to try your hand at making a whisky barrel. The whole experience will really bring a tasting of Glenfiddich 12, 15 and 18 year old whiskies to life.
Multi-award winning mixologist Jon O’Connor will be on-hand to create bespoke whisky cocktails at The Cocktail Pod. Visitors will help the bartender choose from an amazing array of ingredients to create their perfect cocktail and they will receive a copy of their recipe so they can recreate it at home.
The Molecular Experiments will focus on whisky in different and unusual ways including: whisky caviar, a range of gourmet infused whisky and smoking unpeated whisky by Stramash’s very own Heston Blumenthal-esque chemist.
A Sweeney Todd-style bladed barber surgeon, in partnership with Dewar’s Blended Whisky, will offer those brave enough to volunteer procedures of the follicle kind.
Jura Single Malt Scotch Whisky is sponsoring the Murder Mystery, which will entice and entertain. The classic whodunit will give one lucky visitor the chance to win a once in a lifetime trip to Jura, including a special distillery tour, if the cunning culprit is guessed correctly.
he Balvenie’s crack team of top brand ambassadors will enlighten dram enthusiasts about the craftsmanship behind the nation’s top tipple. This captivating tour around the show will ensure an exciting and engaging learning experience, guiding visitors through an exploration of all things whisky.
Scotland’s largest independent brewery, BrewDog, is serving its extraordinary creation of Jura whisky beer; beer matured in casks to infuse the ale with the wonderful flavours of the finest dram. Robert Graham will be sampling a range of its special premium single cask bottlings including Linkwood, Ben Nevis and Deanston.
Darroch Ramsay, founding partner of the Whisky Stramash, said: “As the event draws closer, we are increasingly excited about the number of whisky brands who have signed up. It’s great to be able to offer the industry something unique and a far cry from the usual whisky associated events. Plans are falling into place and we can’t wait to see it all in action!”
The Stramash will be held on three sessions over the 26th and 27th of May 2012:
Saturday 26th of May 2012: 12pm – 4pm and 5pm – 9pm and Sunday 27th of May 2012: 1pm – 5pm.
Notes to Editor:
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
Tickets for the event cost £25 and are available from several outlets including Robert Graham whisky shops in Glasgow & Edinburgh, TicketSoup.com (online and via telephone 0844 395 4000) and at the SECC and The Hub box offices.
- Dewar’s, Jura, Bunnahabhain, Finnieston, Isle of Mull, Arran Single Malt, Dalmore, Fettercairn, Whyte & Mackay, Aberfeldy, Drambuie, Black Bottle, Tobermory, Ledaig, Deanston and Springbank whiskies will all exhibit at the event.
- Glenfiddich is the world’s most awarded range of single malt Scotch whisky.
- Whisky Stramash is the brainchild of Scott Martin and Darroch Ramsay who have both been to whisky events all over the world and wanted to create a whisky event with a distinct point of difference.
- Scott and Darroch have a combined experience of 22 years in the drinks industry and both have a keen interest in whisky since working as bartenders. Scott currently works as a global Scotch ambassador and Darroch’s background in Scotch is in brand management.
- Whisky Stramash will give brands the opportunity to present their whiskies to a desirable group of consumers.
Issued on behalf of Whisky Stramash by threebrand PR.